Thursday, January 15, 2009

A simple wish...

(This may be a rant...)

One of the most important people in my entire life, was, and still is, my Grandfather Fred. He was always around for us when we were little, the best babysitter in the world quite frankly(excuse the pun). Anyway, he thought us, me especially, ideals that helped shape me into who I am today. I loved that man to death, regardless of my intial reaction at his death, which I still see as odd to this day. But anyway, my point is that he helped me, through his life and his death, to become the person I am today. My mom has told me I remind her of him a hundred times over, and my uncle has made mention of it as well. I think it's just an extra perk that if you look at a picture of him in his youth, the resemblence is uncanny.

But the real thing I want to get out there is that I see myself as his pupil in a sense. His ideals were passed to me and help guide me through life, and in the same way, I hope that I will be able to guide yet another child of this bloodline, my cousin Maddix.

I am with this kid so often that 'babysitter' hardly justifies it. I'm not afraid to say that I love this little kid to death, and would gladly fuck up anybody who tried to even scare him. My wish is simple, and yet difficult all at the same time. I wish that I will be able to pass on to him my ideals, and to influence him in the way that my Grandfather influenced me. Now, not to talk grimly, I hope I don't have to die to have quite the same effect, but I would do anything for this little dood. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment